March 24th, 2014 by admin
Virtual Desktop – What is it? First, we will calculate what it costs you to install, manage and maintain workstations (computers) for all your employees. This cost, according to industry statistics, runs about $75.00 to $90.00 per month for each employee using a computer. It includes the cost of electricity to run a computer 24 hours a day (most computers never are shut off) and the cost for software licenses and upgrades to software and repair and replace broken equipment and so on.
Now, imagine eliminating the PC tower and hard drive and just keep a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to a Thin Client (little box) that connects each user to the cloud. The best part is there are no workstations and every employee has a tablet (iPad, Microsoft enabled laptop or any other WiFi enabled device) which can then access the internet in some form. Their desktop (PC Desktop) exists in this Cloud World and is accessible from work, home, or any mobile environment you choose. You control the access and email is hosted in the cloud so you eliminate the problems of your Exchange Server or if you have a PoP email account now all emails are managed by one company.
Here are 10 things you can do with one company (ATEL) in a cloud environment that will save you money and time and problems and make you and your company more efficient.
- PC Desktop Hosted in the cloud (Virtual Desktop)
- Exchange email hosted in the cloud
- File Sharing (Like Google Docs) but much better hosted in the cloud
- Web X for PowerPoint or document sharing or white boarding hosted in the cloud
- Virtual Server eliminate the cost of maintaining servers on premise by moving all your data to the cloud
- Data Storage and backup even if you keep your servers you can back up and store data in the cloud
- Disaster Recovery or Mirror Image your Servers for real time immediate recovery in the event of a catastrophic event
- Video Cameras for security and training backed up to a DVR in the cloud, access your video images from anywhere.
- Help Desk to outsource your help desk you can have your Virtual Desktop and email in the cloud and all calls to Help Desk are included
- Mobile Phone and Mobile Devices managed for you to keep track of all devices and get the best Mobile Plans guaranteed all managed by ATEL
ATEL’s Technology Engineers are able to work with you to create a custom Cloud Solution that is easy for you to conceptualize and easy to implement with little to no disruption of your companies processes and procedures. In many cases the new technology is seamless and transparent to your employees who will see the same software and services they have been used to using all along.
Call 858-646-4600 and ask for a Cloud Expert today!
Posted in: Data Backup & Disaster Recovery,