June 2nd, 2021 by admin
With all of the recent focus on cybersecurity, businesses need to remember that their office buildings need to be protected. Two of the best ways to improve the security of your building are by adding an access control system and surveillance cameras. From increased security to ease of management, there are numerous benefits to using these systems.
Access Control Systems
An access control system restricts entry to a room or building via an electronic control system. Access can be granted using a key card, PIN, or information stored on a mobile device. Utilizing an access control system in your business makes it easy to keep secure areas restricted from unwanted visitors. Other benefits include:
- No Need for Traditional Keys. Since your employees would have their own access code or key card, your business can get rid of traditional keys. If an employee misplaces their key card, your business can just issue a new one, rather than needing to replace all of the locks in the building and your employees' keys.
- Keep Track of People Entering Office. With an access control system, you will know who was in your office and when, so if theft or an accident happens, you will know who was in the room when the incident occurred.
- Create a Safer Work Environment. Businesses can have many visitors coming through their doors. With an access control system, you can ensure that unauthorized people cannot enter the restricted areas of your office, creating a safe work environment for your employees.
Access control systems are an efficient and effective way to keep your workplace safe from unwanted visitors, and the system removes the hassle of traditional keys.
Another way to protect your building is by installing surveillance cameras. Surveillance cameras can reduce theft, both from employees and from burglars. Since businesses are far more likely to be burglarized than a residential building, ensuring your business has the protection it needs is crucial. Other benefits include:
- 24/7/365 Peace of Mind. With surveillance cameras installed in and around your building, you can rest easy knowing that there would be video evidence of the incident if anything were to happen.
- Employee and Customer Safety. Employees and customers will both feel safer in your building. Security cameras reduce the likelihood of a burglary happening since the potential thief will see the cameras and know they are being watched.
- Increase Sales. With a surveillance system installed, you can easily track your customers' behavior. You can strategically place items in the high-traffic areas of your business to increase their visibility.
If your company needs to increase its office security, contact ATEL Communications today. With over 30 years of experience, we can help you get the perfect access control and surveillance camera systems to keep your business and employees safe.